[3830] ARRL 10 VE7IN SO CW LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE7IN SO CW LP
From: VE7IN-Earl@shaw.ca (VE7IN-Earl@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:55:20 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE7IN
Operator(s): VE7IN
Station: VE7IN

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 19.75

   CW:  868    81
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  868    81  Total Score = 277,020

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

This contest gave me the best hour on CW I have ever done, 106. I have
discovered another gliche in the "VE7IN one cell decoding system" the many
celled fingers don't always go to the right keys, sorry for some of the stumbles
that slowed others down.

Conditions here on the Canadian west coast were not to bad I thought,
considering that 10 Meters this cycle has not been as exciting as other cycles.

I didn't hear any Europe on Saturday morning, although one of the guys(VE7SL
Steve) apparently happened to get up around 1300Z(5:00AM local) and caught an
opening to Europe then. Sunday was better from my perspective the opening to
Europe was like somebody turned the "opening to Europe switch" on, then an hour
or so later off. Nice to get a few European Mults in the log, although I see I
am down on mults generally, I haven't always got the fine line between S&Ping
and running down to the level required.

Thanks all for the Q's and since this is one of the last major events of the
Year, Merry Christmas to All and a Happy New Year from the VE7IN household.

73 Earl VE7IN

PS: Please check out www.bcdxc.org for info on the 2003 Pacific NorthWest DX
Convention July 18,19 & 20.