[3830] ARRL 10 UA9FM SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 UA9FM SO Mixed HP
From: ua9fm@yahoo.com (ua9fm@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 04:13:41 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: UA9FM
Operator(s): UA9FM
Station: UA9FM

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: PERM
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   CW:  305    74
  SSB:  251    61
-------------------
Total:  556   135  Total Score = 230,748

Club:

Comments:

Condx was fair if compare with previous days. Due to family commitment I
operated sporadicaly on Sat. Sunday was a working day in Russia, that's why
limited operation too and add supply powerline failure for an hour. You have
kept in mind that daylight at 59 deg of north (my qth) is limited 8 hours  per
day only, coincide with propagation too. At 09 am local, just before my sunrise,
 contest started for me with 9M2 VK XU7 with a 0 strengh level, but workable
with HP. Then arose JA6 and then other JA with numbers from 200 to 300 (thier
usa run I think).
I agree with others we also have mixture of condx: F2 E Tropo. Have a good EU
run segcond day up to 200 q/h some time.
Was called by KL7RA in the middle of the day here, the only one from NA, but
sigs were like as I mike EME QSO.
US opening here were short and scared, sigs were not strong except VO1. Managed
to work K1 K2 K3 K4 VE1 VE3, east coast only. Termination line was just before
K8 K9. Could heared some of them below noise level. I see from 3830 how many
stns were from central and w coast US but prop between us was nonexcistent.
Quite a good participation from SA. Carribian were not numerios as in WW.
My congrats on ZD8Z work and result! Nice job!
All in all it was a fun.
Goal was 500 q and 100 mult see above limited time, scared prop to US and modest
ant. 3 el. vertical yagi, wich I think has negative gain. Hi.
Try to install better ant for the next event.
My 73 to everybody in coming holiday season!
HPY 2003!
de UA9FM