[3830] SS SSB VE7FO Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VE7FO Single Op LP
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (jimsmith@shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:30:33 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 21

------------
  160:
   80:   45
   40:   46
   20:  177
   15:  120
   10:  800
------------

Club:

Comments:

Been too busy lately to do much in the way of contest stories.

On one of my run frequencies I noticed a background signal exactly on "my"
frequency getting steadily louder, growing from inaudible to annoying.  Turned
out to be, If I recall correctly, VE4XT.  Must have posed a dilemma to some,
"Should I call the VE7 or the VE4?"

While running someone opened up 1.5 kHz above me.  I gave him a call, explained
that he was stepping on me and suggested that he QSY up a little.  To my
astonishment, he did.

0132Z Mon While running at 14.315 or so, someone said, "They'll let anyone
operate up here."  No idea who it was.

Funniest thing heard was W7WW yelling, "Get off my frequency, you bum."  I
hasten to add that he wasn't yelling at me.

S9 noise level on 20 at the end.  Didn't think to check if it was still there
once the braying had stopped at 0300.

Pacific Northwest DX Convention 2003 July 18,19 and 20 is being held in
Vancouver.  Keynote speaker is a world renowned Dxer as well as member of both
DX Hall of Fame and Contest Hall of Fame.  How many of these could there be?
Check out the PNW DX Convention page at http:\\www.bcdxc.org and find out.
While you're there, you might as well register.