[3830] ARRL 10 VY2TT(K6LA) SO Mixed LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VY2TT(K6LA) SO Mixed LP
From: widelitz@gte.net (widelitz@gte.net)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:21:26 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 29
Radios: SO2R

   CW: 1316   129
  SSB: 1044   133
-------------------
Total: 2360   262  Total Score = 1,928,320

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Operated as if I was High Power. Didn't notice much difference, except lots of
guys on scatter I could hear couldn't hear me. Missed a number of New England
and other mults on SSB because I didn't move them when I heard them on CW
figuring I wouldn't have a problem on phone. Never heard DC VT, LAB, NWT or NF.
Couldn't raise WY on CW. Heard JAs on both modes, but they couldn't hear me.

QSB as the contest started Friday night was the most severe I've ever heard.
Sounded like what I would imagine meteor scatter sounds like.

One benefit of low power was I could SO2R, even on the same mode within 20khz of
my transmit frequency.

Only funny moment of note was when a station asked me how come I wasn't in his
Buckmaster CD ROM.

Beat the NA SOLP Mixed record established last year by about 15%.

Sure is nice being able to sleep in a 48 hour contest. On the other hand, I
missed what has been reported as an EU/near east opening at 09Z Saturday. I set
the alarm for 10Z.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT