[3830] TBDC N1EU Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] TBDC N1EU Single Op HP
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (n1eu@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 05:03:27 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N1EU
Operator(s): N1EU
Station: N1EU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Delmar, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

Total:  QSOs = 295  Total Score = 1,017

Club:

Comments:

The Topband gremlins were out in droves last night: slow, deep QSB; high
absorption (unless everyone was QRP?); QRN developing later in the night; light
activity; US stations calling cq on top of dx stations already on freq (e.g.
ON6AA); etc. etc.   The combination made football watching and bed more
attractive alternatives for a good chunk of time.  The slow deep QSB
necessitated long repetitive fills which weaker calling stations often didn?t
understand.  Activity was significantly lighter than I would have expected.

Thanks for the many callers and apologies to the many I couldn?t pull out ?
conditions were tough indeed.

I was running 1.5KW to an inverted L with 580ft Beverages in 4 directions.

DX worked: DL, FM, G, GM, GU, KH6, KV4, OK, ON, S5, UA2
DX heard: 4X3A

The rules for 2003 should be changed to give both ends of a qso the same point
value ? I would really like to hear a defensible argument for having it
otherwise.

73 & happy 2K3,
Barry N1EU
(near Albany NY)