[3830] RTTY Roundup KC5YKX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KC5YKX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 17:32:43 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KC5YKX
Operator(s): KC5YKX
Station: KC5YKX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
   80:   28
   40:   46
   20:    9
   15:  130
   10:   45
------------
Total:  258  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 15  Total Score = 15,872

Club:

Comments:

Well this was my RTTY contest and really the first time on RTTY at all. Had a
great time in the conest. 15 meters seemed to be the place to be in this one. 20
was way to miuch for me to handle this time. Need to find out how to get the
narrow RTTY/CW filter in the MKV to turn on with SSB selected as mode otherwise
I will have to get a TNC and go FSK next time so I can use the filtering. Also I
think the time has come to get off my dead butt and put the tribander up.
Operating with a 10 meter vertical at 25' on 10 and 15 meters is no good. 10 is
fine but I missed alot of DX on 15. 20 meters on the 40/80 inverted vee at 35'
is no good either, in fact it stinks other than for domestic. The 40/80 is good
enough for a low city lot antenna. In fact I guess my most prized contact for
the contest would be OT3R on 40 meters at 23:16 Sunday. Long path? Oh well great
event and thanks to all who answered my little 75 watt signal. 73 de KC5YKX Reid