[3830] NAQP CW W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:00:31 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 1:20

  160:   20    17
   80:   39    19
   40:   30    19
   20:    5     5
   15:   20    13
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  116    75  Total Score = 8,700

Club:

Team: PaQPers

Comments:

Unfortunately, I could not find the time to put my G5RV back up last week, so
Saturday morning found me with no antenna, 3 feet of snow on the ground, and
facing 20 degree windy wx.  There was not much left of the previous antenna so I
had to start over with new wire.  I measured out two 128' length wires on the
kitchen floor, and around 10 AM ventured outside to begin the wrist
rocket-fishline process.  Not much fun walking back and forth in so much snow.
Including time off for a couple of errands, the job took after 4 PM.  Another
hour to hook things up and I was finally ready to go four hours after the start
of the test.  Unfortunately, I was completely exhausted from tromping through
the snow all day and just didn't have the energy to proceed.  When I turned the
rig on at 5 PM local and heard strong sigs on 10 and 15, I knew I had missed
some excellent condx.  After dinner and a shower, I found the energy to make a
few contacts, but having missed half of the contest, my heart just wasn't in it.
 The NAQPs have become some of the best contests going.  (They will be even
better when we do something to encourage activity from outside NA.)  See you all
in August.

Hal W1NN