[3830] NAQP CW K0AD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K0AD Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 05:07:20 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K0AD
Operator(s): K0AD
Station: K0AD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   56    22
   80:  165    42
   40:  156    47
   20:  174    51
   15:  139    49
   10:  111    29
-------------------
Total:  801   240  Total Score = 192,240

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team: MWA #2

Comments:

After checking out things all week for this, my computer locked up 4 times   in
the  first 15 minutes.  I was forced to take my first off time 15 minutes
intothe contest.  I drug out my old computer , changed all the cables, copied
the files, configured the comm ports and somehow got it going in 33 minutes.
I was back and going again with the old computer but it took a little while
for my blood pressure to settle down.  The rest of the contest was uneventful.
The bands seemed in pretty good shape.

I took my off times at 1815 to 1845 (Ouch!), 0015 to 0045, 0315 to 0345,
and 0530 to 0600.  The little MWA get together between 2300 and 2330 was fun.
Could have used a few more MWAers there but it was still possible to keep up
a pretty good rate during this half hour.

I had reasonable success moving multipiers - especially on the high bands.
The
score was a personnel best for me.

My biggest problem is interference in the second radio.  Even with the Dunestar
filter, it is tough going especially on the low bands.  It's a combination of
the wire antennas and the older Kenwood radio.

I'm anxious to see how everyone else did.  I suspect there will be some pretty
good scores because conditions were great.