[3830] NAQP SSB NY1S Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NY1S Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 06:14:12 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: NY1S
Operator(s): NY1S
Station: NY1S

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    8     7
   80:   45    20
   40:   46    22
   20:  186    41
   15:  164    37
   10:  102    20
-------------------
Total:  551   147  Total Score = 80,997

Club:

Team: MRRC #1

Comments:

Not even close to the propagation conditions experienced last week in the CW
running. Ten meters stayed open longer than expected and 15 was also in good
shape. Twenty was too good from here. Either couldn't find a hole or couldn't
hold a freq for very long. Since EU broadcast stations start showing up on 40
right at the beginning of the contest, that band is wiped out for me until 03Z.
By that time, everyone else except the west coast has gone to 80. I heard many
midwest stations complaining of noise on 80, so not surprised that I wasn't
heard well out there. Someone in the neighborhood has a bad heat tape on their
well head. It chattered all night on 160.

Tribander at 30ft for 10/15/20
Dipole on 40/80 and Inverted L on 160

My log shows the most popular names as Bill(38), Jim(37) and Tom(25). Most
worked states were CA(83), IL(36) and TX(36). Found Elvis on 80. By the way, he
lives in MI. A balmy 25 degrees at the start and 8 below at the finish.

As best as I can tell, the ME record is 76,560 set in '91. Maybe the log will
hold up an update that one.

Thanks to everyone for working me, especially on the low bands.

73, Joe