[3830] CQ160 CW W3EF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W3EF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:30:58 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W3EF
Operator(s): W3EF
Station: W3EF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 429  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 13  Total Score = 65,038

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My first real attempt at this contest.  8 hours was enough for a reasonable
showing; I got on for a few hours each night.  Most fun was the run rate of
nearly 200 on Friday about 0400z.  Heard a lot of EU I couldn't work, but with a
basic inverted L and low power there was no shame in that!  Managed a fair
amount of DX anyway.  Missed DC (6 miles from here...will have to operate from
there at some point!), ME, ND, NE(!), NV, MT, LAB, NB, MAN, SK, AB, VY1, VE8.  I
have only one beverage (EU) but given the noise levels I used it even for
western USA, with reasonable success.

73,
Maury W3EF