[3830] CQ160 CW W1ECT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W1ECT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:33:28 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W1ECT
Operator(s): W1ECT
Station: W1ECT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 800  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 45  Total Score = 256,468

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

During the contest I didn't get the feeling that there was a lot of DX coming
through but now that I've done the paperwork I find that this was my highest
country count for a 160m contest.  I picked up 5 new ones and if I can get cards
from each of these (plus the others I have outstanding) this will bring me to
DXCC for 160 meters.

Did pretty well on the states as well - missed ID, MT, and NE.  Got all the
VE1's except Labrador (my first QSO was with PEI) but didn't hear anything from
VE4, 5, or 6.

I initially set a goal of 750 QSOs but as Saturday evening was turning to Sunday
morning I decided that maybe 800 would be a nice round number.  Should have
stopped at 750 since it took two hours to get those next 50 QSOs - lots of
dupes, no one on I hadn't worked, and the conditions to the mountain/pacific
time zones seemed to drop out.