[3830] CQ160 CW N2NT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nt@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N2NT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:57:22 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N2NT
Operator(s): N2NT
Station: N2NT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:  QSOs = 1068  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 59  Total Score = 453,492

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Very interesting contest. The band was very quiet here but signals were not all
that strong from EU. Only for a few brief periods there was a burst of runs,
with some strong signals.
After 3 years of putting it off, I finally put the last part of my 4 square
together. 4 inverted L's in the trees work MUCH better than any other antenna I
have ever had at home. If I put some more radials down, it should really play!
Thanks to Peter WW2Y for the inspiration to put it up. Using his array for years
at his QTH really shows what a properly designed antenna can do. However I
really have so much F/B on that thing that nobody hears me off the back. I think
the QSO total would have been a bit higher if I had a more omni antenna.
I see why N5TW had the Omni mode added to his 4 square!

The first time in a long time where I felt loud enough to work what I could
hear. Last year 25% would CQ in my face, this year only a few.
Still not as loud as the big boys, but that won't ever happen at my home QTH.

210 ten pointers, 185 european...
Best DX: A61AR, A92ZE,4X4DK, S9SS, VK6VZ, PY2FUS all called in.
Found 4L2M, OH0R,ZL6QH (very loud).
Other loud were D4B, YT6T, S55C, ON6AA, DF2PY stand out in my memory. Seemed
like S5 QSO party for a while, the band was full of Slovenia :)
Hardest to work: EA6IB, UA2FZ (Igor I called you for a long time!), LY1YK.

Congrats to JI/Bill Fisher for an amazing score. Also K4JA and AA1K.
The multi op battles were interesting too, nice job by XX, FJ and GD.
Always a big competition here for the multi top spot.

73, Andy N2NT