[3830] CQ160 CW W1FJ(@W1KM) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nb1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W1FJ(@W1KM) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:36:34 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W1FJ
Operator(s): W1FJ, W1KM, NB1B, K1XM
Station: W1KM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 29.6

Total:  QSOs = 1165  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 69  Total Score = 644,056

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

For the most part, conditions seemed to be better than the SP, but the slow,
deep QSB was also evident.  What was clear to us, was that we need to find
another 3-6 dB of receive gain to hear that next level of European stations.  We
could hear many calling but just couldn't pull them out of the noise.  Many
stations kept trying, and eventually they would peak and we could snag them, but
many seemed to give up before they got the "peak".

Missed States/Provinces:  DC, WY, VO2, VE4, VE6, VE8, and VY0.
Best DX: 4L, EY, JY, OD, VK, ZL, S9, A9.

Continent breakdown:
North America   CW  859    70.4   CM, FM, HI, KP2, TI, V3, XE ZF
South America   CW    9     0.7   FY, P4, PJ2, PY, PY0F, YV
Europe          CW  332    27.2   41 countries
Asia            CW    8     0.7   4L, 4X, 5B, A9, EY, JY, OD
Africa          CW    5     0.4   CT3, D4, EA8, S9
Oceania         CW    7     0.6   KH6, VK, ZL

Our best score ever in this test.  We basically ended the contest Sunday morning
about 1330; I made another 20 QSOs from home Sunday afternoon before the Super
Bowl.  I'm not sure which is more difficult: reschedule this contest for another
weekend, or get the NFL to schedule the Super Bowl on another weekend!

Dennis NB1B