[3830] NA Sprint SSB KI7WX(@AI6V) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KI7WX(@AI6V) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 13:24:56 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: KI7WX
Operator(s): KI7WX
Station: AI6V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   40      40
   40:   98      60
   20:  132     140
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Thanks to Carl and Sue for hosting.

Phone Sprint PR and I can finally see the way to 300 QSOs. Battled S8-S9 line
noise all evening. This noise appeared toward the end of SS SSB and is just
brutal. I'm going to chainsaw the $*%&! powerpole if PG+E doesn't sort it out.

SO1R - FT100D + 77DX
20M  M2 6L @ 60 feet (plus TH7 and C31XR)
40M  M2 3L Full Size @ 100 feet (sweet antenna)
80M  Four square with Comtek box

Still sorting out the new M2 3L 80M yagi so didn't use it. Have to
get that on line and see if I can do better on 80M.

Mults were down. Heard and missed DE. Never heard VE7, NV, IA, OK, CT, RI, WY,
UT, or MT. What a goofy sprint to work several ME stations but miss both VE7 and
NV. Go figure.

Nice to hear PY5EG and KH6DV in there handing out QSOs. VY1JA was a very welcome
QSO and Mult.

Mark
KI7WX