[3830] XE RTTY SV1XV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sv1xv@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] XE RTTY SV1XV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 18:49:51 -0800
                    Mexico RTTY International Contest

Call: SV1XV
Operator(s): SV1XV
Station: SV1XV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KM18UA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    6   18     5
   40:   59  176    23
   20:   57  171    27
   15:  119  357    34
   10:   39  117    23
------------------------
Total:  280  839   112  Total Score = 93,968

Club: BARTG

Comments:

A very difficult contest due to poor conditions. Only 8 north american
stations worked (6 W and 2 VE, all on saturday evening) and XE1V was the
only Mexical on Sunday afternoon. Also very few Japanese stations.
I was glad to meet on the air K4WW, GU0SUP (on 3 bands), OK1YM (two
bands), SV1BDO and others.

As propagation was poor I slept at night, plus during local
afternoon! I gave up at about 1800 on Sunday evening, as the QSO rate
dropped. Afterward I worked a handfull of QSOs, the last one at
1936.

I managed to increase output power a little, so the setup was:
Radio: IC-706 MkII (running @ 10W output)
Amplifier: KL-500 on 25A psu (running @ 150W output)
Antenna tuner: MFJ-971
Antenna: multiband vertical (40-20-15-10)
         NVIS dipole (80-40)
Software: Writelog 10.36G + MMTTY

See you next week, in the WPX contest.

73 Costas SV1XV