[3830] NA Sprint SSB W6YX(N6DE) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB W6YX(N6DE) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 20:57:39 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N6DE
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   51    0:40
   40:  108    1:30
   20:  136    1:50
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Equipment:
Yaesu FT-1000MP (SO1R)
Alpha 87A
20m - 205CA at 36' fixed east, 6-el KLM at 65' pointed north
40m - Equivalent of rotatable dipole at 65'
80m - Inv-Vee at 55'

What a blast!  This was my first serious Sprint on any mode, and just the second
time I have ever participated in this contest.  I found the SSB Sprint to be
extremely therapeutic.  There is something about desperately shouting into a
microphone, and contributing to the chaos, that really appeals to me.  I felt
much better after the Sprint!

Thanks to the NCCC and W6YX guys, and the Sprint Survival Web Page, I was able
to understand the Sprint basics and participate in this one.

Band changes: 5
QSOs by hour:
0Z: 90
1Z: 73