[3830] RTTY WPX KI6DY/0 SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KI6DY/0 SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 17:54:28 -0800
                    CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KI6DY/0
Operator(s): KI6DY
Station: KI6DY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   80:  131   288
   40:  154   394
   20:  221   326
   15:  205   402
   10:  170   358
-----------------
Total:  881  1768  Prefixes = 300  Total Score = 530,400

Club:

Comments:

This would have been a great contest to have a 2nd radio for. My Icom-745 has
lost in microprocessor and looks like were going to have to put that radio to
sleep. A used Kenwood TS-940AT arrives this week and I'll have some serious
re-arranging to get it, the FT1000D and the amplifier on the same desk.

The amp that I blew up in BARTG Sprint was fixed Thursday night. I fried the RF
plate choke. Re-wound the coil by hand and now get about 200 watts more out of
the amp than I did before. Also runs alot cooler. That RF choke was going bad
over time and robbing me of output power.

As far as the contest goes, pretty boring for me. Lots of CQ's with no answer
and no good runs except at the start and during the last 1/2 hour. Did the SO1R
(recliner) mode several times. Took several unscheduled breaks just to avoid the
frustration. However, did put some nice DX contacts into the log (JU1T, 9G5GA,
A51B, D44AC) and four or five 5-banders. Guess I'm getting my first real taste
of contesting from the black hole of the midwest. Condx actually started to
remind me of operating from Calgary 5 years ago though they weren't quite that
bad.

Only got duped 10 times which is good for me when I sign /0. Noticed KI6DY/0 is
not in the aa5au.dta file for super partial check so I appreciate all those that
took the time to actually copy my callsign. Had one op who insisted on sending
my call back as W0/KI6DY, guess he needed a W0 prefix or something?.

See ya in NAQP RTTY in two weeks and then BARTG in March. After that its yard
work and antenna/tower maintenance.

Thanks to all for the Q's

73 de Bob (KI6DY)