[3830] RTTY WPX NO2T SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, no2t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NO2T SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:38:32 -0800
                    CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NO2T
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NO2T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 29:30

   80:  152   420
   40:  230   960
   20:  305   581
   15:  180   449
   10:  221   560
-----------------
Total: 1088  2978  Prefixes = 400  Total Score = 1,191,200

Club: BARA Bergen Amateur Radio Assoc.

Comments:

Radios: Yeasu 1000MP MK-5, Icom 781, Kenwood TS-940
Power about 800 watts using a Collins 30S1 and and old Alpha 77DX
Antennas: KT34XA (stuck pointed to NE see notes), 2 el shorty 40 (also stuck NE)
15 meter dipole(in the trees), Delta loop for 80.

Thanks for the Q's. Snow again here in Northrn New Jersey. Had some problems.
High SWR  and resulting RF in the shack.  Keyboard/Computer lockup can be a
pain. Even when no obvious lockup there were unexplained keyboard repeats.

        The final straw was early Saturday morning when the rotor stopped
turning
clockwise. This staarted when I turned the antennas CCS towards the Southeast to
work South America etc. With only one tower this put me in the dumps. I quit
early that night. 5:30 local time I was outside trying to Ohm meter the rotor
cable and the switches in the control box. No luck. Fortunately had big loops on
the coax, so nudged the rotor clockwise until pointed to about 50 degrees. Left
it that way for the remainder of the test.

        Like Mike K4GMH, worked a lot of 40 and 80 meters to maximize my point
count.
Paid attention to the rate meter. Kept thinking 1,2,4,6,points per QSO. It paid
off. Did not hunt for rare DX, rather rate and let the mults come as they
wanted.