[3830] ARRLDX CW K3UU SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kjohns24@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K3UU SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:08:34 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K3UU
Operator(s): K3UU
Station: K3UU

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Palm Harbor, Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40:  28     19
   20:  10      8
   15:  27     22
   10:  26     20
-------------------
Total:  91     69  Total Score = 18,837

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig : Elecraft K2  15 watts output
Antennas : 40 meter dipole at 15 feet, 44 foot dipole at 15 feet
Soapbox : This is really the first contest I've been involved with
          after being off the air for many, many years.  The little
          K2 performed flawlessly.  My modest antenna setup was quite
          an impressive thing for me.  Although I can't compete with
          multi element yagis it gave a very good accounting of itself.
          This is also the first contest where I've used computer logging.
          I live in a deed restricted community in Florida and given
          the fact I shouldn't have any antennas at all I'm quite impressed.
          Both my antennas are only six inches off the peak of the roof
          of my home.  Also I was not really what I might call full time.
          Just spending a bit of time in between chores.  Neat contest
          and plan to be back for more.    73's and 88's   Karin