[3830] ARRLDX CW K4XU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4xu@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4XU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:12:56 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    4     4
   80:   25    15
   40:  113    47
   20:  154    49
   15:  105    42
   10:   54    34
-------------------
Total:  455   191  Total Score = 259,569

Club:

Comments:

Conditions sucked the first day so when we had visitors and a Saturday night
party invitation, I took the opportunity to exercise my underdeveloped social
skills. Operating Sunday morning with a mild hangover was offset somewhat by the
better conditions.
Whatever F6BEE uses on 10m was very effective. He was still 579 at 20z here in
the northwest! There was lots of skew path to Europe with the benefit of working
more Africans than normal. This weekend was primarily S&P.
A week ago I had some business visitors from Japan. One turned out to be one of
the operators from JA3YBK. It's neat to do a six bander when you know at least
one of the guys on the other end.
W7SX dropped over Sunday afternoon. After a beer and some complaining, he helped
me try to locate the source of S-8 noise that makes me an alligator on 80m. I
had previously done the main breaker trick and listened with the rig on battery
power - still there. After several trips around the yard we happened to put the
little AM receiver next to the phone box on the side of the house. WOW!!
Unbelieveable crap - the little radio went crazy. I hooked the phone line to my
TS-50 through a .01 uF cap. There is a big fat S9+20dB growly noise peak at
3525. Hello, Ma Bell.... Think this could be one of those wireless modems in our
neighborhood?