[3830] ARRLDX CW 9M2/G4ZFE SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW 9M2/G4ZFE SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:37:27 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: 9M2/G4ZFE
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2/G4ZFE

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Kuala Lumpur
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:  80     11
   20:  87     24
   15:   2      1
   10:   2      1
-------------------
Total:  80     11  Total Score = 2,640

Club:

Comments:

Operated HF from the KL Planetarium club station on the first day. Conditions
were not good amd 200W and a TH3 Junior were not enough for any decent runs - a
lot of time in the chair but only 90 odd QSOs. The highlight was a 30 minutes
20m opening to W1/2 with big signals just before dawn local time. 10m and 15m
did not want to play and the low 40/80m dipole was not high enough to work the
US.

Came back home the second day and operated 40m from my condo - FT100 and 33 feet
wire over the balcony on the 26th floor. Nearly worked as many QSOs as the first
day from the "real" station. Still puts a simile on my face working into the US
on 40m with such a puny station. With hindsight I should have operated 40m and
80m from home.

73 de Rich, 9M2/G4ZFE
http://www.g4zfe.com