[3830] ARRLDX CW DJ2QV SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW DJ2QV SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 01:18:59 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: DJ2QV
Operator(s): DJ2QV
Station: DJ2QV

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    0     0
   80:   37    19
   40:  110    28
   20:  127    32
   15:  158    35
   10:  196    37
-------------------
Total:  628   151  Total Score = 284,484

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Rig : FT-1000MP + Heathkit SB-1000 Linear - 500 Watts out

Antennas : Cushcraft R6000 Vertical @ 14m (20/15/10), W3DZZ @10m (80/40)

Comment: only limited time available at the weekend. Main purpose was to try out
a new contest Software. After working with CT for many years I tried out N1MM's
freeware contest program - and I was really impressed. Everything worked fine.
Telnet Connection via TCP/IP to a local Packet-DXCluster (Flexnet and YAM Modem)
and Rig Control was absolutely no problem. Only a minor problem with the CW
keying from the PC as it occasionally misses a dot or a dash.

Propagation was good espcially on 10m during both days but only to east coast
and a very few mid west.
Low bands here were noisy and 20m was also hard to fight with my limited antenna
setup. Hope to participate from a more competitive station in the future.

73 DJ2QV Maik