[3830] ARRLDX CW N4RV M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jreichert2@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4RV M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:09:41 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4RV
Operator(s): K2PLF, WR3Z, N4GG, N4RV
Station: N4RV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   46    35
   80:  163    63
   40:  794    92
   20:  903   103
   15: 1423   110
   10:  979   101
-------------------
Total: 4308   504  Total Score = 6,512,184

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Like lots of other Eastcoasters, we felt like we should be signing / KL7..
Almost 2 feet of snow, coming mostly on Sunday. Who said Virginia is a Southern
state ? Heavy precipitation static on highest beams on tower. Lower beams in
stacks worked well however, with little or no static. New 4 el wire yagi on 40m
worked well into EU. One op, who had a two hour drive home left Saturday PM (
smart move ),while the other two ops stayed till the end. Then had to shovel
snow several hours Sunday night and Monday morning to get cars out to main road.