[3830] CQ160 SSB AA4V Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ryansci@infoave.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB AA4V Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 06:51:52 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: AA4V
Operator(s): AA4V + PACKET
Station: AA4V

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 400  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 12  Total Score = 56,303

Club: Carolina DX Assn

Comments:

Thankfully, our decision to make a big effort in the CW portion of this
contest paid off as atmospheric conditions for this one were grim and
grimmer.... QRN on the receiving antennas were 20/30 over nine both
nights here on the island. I believe that the ARRL band plan has destroyed
the DX aspect of this contest. I and many others did not operate below 1843
but there were many who did. There were juicy multipliers down there who
never seemed to listed above 1843.I often stated while CQing that I was listed

on 1825 (for example) but had no EU takers down there. A number of DX stations
called me (D4B was much louder than many stateside stations) for which I was
grateful but some probably were bending their rules by calling me where I was
operating. Maybe there is a solution to all this.... Thanks to everyone for
their patience in this one.