[3830] ARRLDX SSB KT1V SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt1v@demop.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KT1V SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 20:52:56 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT1V
Operator(s): KT1V
Station: KT1V

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:  511    78
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  511    78  Total Score = 119,340

Club: YU Contest Club

Comments:

Hey, you know what? SB 80 phone is tough! This is not playing with CW, but work.
Yes, phone is MUCH harder, at least on the ears. Its much more tiring too.

Conditions seemed mediocre on 80, which combined with the high bands reportedly
not playing so well, resulted in a crowded 80m not full of great signals.
An almost full time effort on 80, although I missed about 3AM - sunrise Saturday
morning due to non-sleeping children.

Not much rare or exotic - although it was nice being called by a SU.

Most interesting event was Sun night when on the second radio (it sort of works
having both radios on 80, but probably isn't really worth it for ARRL) I heard
I4AVG working me and telling me I was a dupe. Well, actually it was KT1J trying
to work him unsuccessfully, and not quite getting his call through correctly. So
a minute later I stopped by to talk to I4AVG and laugh about it.

Maybe next year SB 160??? Uhhh, I think the baby will be older then, the new
shack will be done, and probably a serious SO or small multi - that sounds much
better!

73
Ted, KT1V