[3830] ARRLDX SSB KC1F SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc1f@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KC1F SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:47:40 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KC1F
Operator(s): KC1F
Station: KC1F

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 33.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5     5
   80:  179    52
   40:  134    58
   20:  766    94
   15:  711    88
   10:  175    60
-------------------
Total: 1970   357  Total Score = 2,109,870

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

New for this contest was the 20 meter beam, which seemed to be an improvement
over the tribander it replaced.  It worked even better after I saw Saturday
morning that it had slipped 80 degrees in the rotor !  This was also my first
time with the SO2R Master on phone, which I got more familiar with as the
weekend progressed.  I had more success on 40 and 75 after European sunrise than
I have had before - maybe I wasn't trying hard enough in the past.  It didn't
sound like 10 was open to Europe on the direct path at all on Saturday, and even
on Sunday it didn't sound like it was open well enough for me to switch the run
station there and give up my 15 meter run frequency - all my 10 meter QSOs were
search and pounce with the second station.  Saturday was tough here, although I
guess it was for everyone.  I had almost exactly the same number of QSOs each
day.  I'm still trying to crack the top ten with my small lot, and no antenna
higher than 57 feet !

160 meters    Inverted L, peak at 70 feet
75  meters    1/4 wave wire vertical
40  meters    wire four square
20  meters    Cushcraft 20-3CD at 57 feet
15  meters    Cushcraft 15-4CD at 49 feet
10  meters    Cushcraft 10-4CD at 51 feet

Station #1    TS-850, AL-1200
Station #2    TS-930, National NCL-2000

Array Solutions SO2R Master

                   73 !         Stu      KC1F