[3830] ARRLDX SSB NM6E SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, javierca@cisco.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB NM6E SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:51:42 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NM6E
Operator(s): NM6E
Station: NM6E

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: SF
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:   29    18
   20:   25    13
   15:   22    17
   10:   97    34
-------------------
Total:  173    82  Total Score = 42,558

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Two days before the start of the contest, I removed everything from the shack
(every item, desk, chair, radios, etc..) to remove wall paper, re-paint the
walls and the day of the contest, I had new carpet isntalled.

This remodeling was done due to an expected arrival of our fist harmonic and a
forced conversion from a "100% Ham Shack" to a newly decorated  50% Guest Room
and 50% ham shack (we are expecting our first child in the next week or two).

Fortunately, no false alarm trips to the hospital during the contest this
contest and the entire remodeling phase!

I managed to move everything back into the shack 5 hours into the contest,
install the transformer back into the Alpha 87a, connect the radio, connect the
rotor, switch box and cables and I was ready to go.

I found EU to be somewhat difficult to work on 10m/15m Saturday and Sunday
mornings but 20 was ok. I had an easier time working EU mults and North Africa
on 40m than any other band.

Highlight: Gave Al, AD6E at KH6RR a quick hello and I managed to work D4B and
EA8BH on 10-40m.

All in all, it was a casual effort mostly spent looking for mults/band countries
the old fashion way (no packet!).  I didn't operate much on Sunday due to a
surprize baby shower I had to take the XYL to.

I wish the bands would have been slightly better on 10/15 into EU for the
mults....