[3830] ARRLDX SSB K1RX M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K1RX M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:05:13 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX, KF1V, N1IX, KC1Q, K1FOO, K1UQ, W1EO
Station: K1RX

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Kensington, NH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   54    39
   80:  286    71
   40:  256    79
   20: 1638   133
   15: 1486   120
   10:  541   105
-------------------
Total: 4261   547  Total Score = 6,967,686

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Almost had a real disaster with the logging software even though we downloaded
the latest country file just before the contest.  We failed to check the what's
new section on the website which would have advised us that a "serious" bug was
discovered and corrected back in February.  This bug prevented the software from
notifying the operator that the station they were about to work was a dupe or it
was needed on another band.  Fortunately we were able to drop back to an older
version and didn't lose much time.  We will check the website prior to the
contest for anything new so we don't get another surprise.  Now if only
something could have been done to restore the propagation to previous levels.