[3830] NA Sprint RTTY AA5AU HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY AA5AU HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 20:19:57 -0800
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   55
   40:  127
   20:  126
---------------------

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Wow!  What a difference a contest makes when you have software that will run it
perfectly.  Big time thanks to Wayne, W5XD, for getting the RTTY part of the NA
Sprint working before the contest.  I knew it would run good and it did.

MMTTY hosed up 3 times on my B computer.  It's not the first time it's done it.
I think I have some RFI either into the USB adapter running FSK or the computer
itself.  Bought the PC for $300 a year ago.  Might be time to retire it
already.

Great activity.  Plenty of stations to work.  In the Internet contest in years
past I had to use the "NOT YET" message when 3 QSO's did not separate contacts
with the same station.  I did not have to use it one single time although I had
a few send it to me. hi

I'm glad the voters on the RTTY reflector chose to keep the NA Sprint contest.
I thank NCJ for sponsoring it and I thank everyone who participated.  It turned
out to be a very fun time.

I was hoping to drink a bunch of beer and have fun, but the fun was so fast and
furious that I only ended up drinking a few brewskis.  I guess that's a good
thing. hi

Best QSO's were with CO6HF Jorge and KL7EMH Ed.  It was Ed's first ever RTTY
contact and I couldn't help but spend a minute or two in QSO with him.  I love
being the first RTTY QSO with someone.  I've done it countless times with
stations like VP8BFH and others.  It's a great feeling to the their first.

Everyone did a great job with the reports.  Looks like everyone turned off AFC
and NET as almost everyone was on frequency.  Great job everyone!!!

It's events like this that make you proud to be a part of the RTTY contest
community.  It was a super event.

BARTG Spring RTTY contest next weekend.  I have to work, but I'll be there to
make contacts with all my RTTY friends, again and again.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.rttycontesting.com