[3830] NA Sprint RTTY K4RO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY K4RO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 20:45:03 -0800
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   43       0
   40:   84       7
   20:   88      31
---------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG Spaces

Comments:

This was really fun.  Spent a great day hanging out
with my TCG contesting comrades, then capped it off
with an action-packed RTTY Sprint contest.

Used TR-Log again, and it worked very well.  Used MMTTY
on the (one) radio this time as a "checklog" display.
The PK-232 and MMTTY display outputs pretty much "agreed"
about 98% of the time.  Every now and then I could get
a QSO element from one display that was not present in
the other.  It was a cool type of diversity reception.

I actually got the 3rd serial port installed after today's
TCG meeting.  However, the contest was so busy that I never
had time to use the second radio for the entire contest.
I never thought 200 QSO was possible in the RTTY Sprint,
yet here we are.  And to imagine that AA5AU broke 300 - WOW!
I have more to learn about taking advantage of the special
RTTY dupe rule.  One could stay BUSY in this contest!

Big thanks to W0ETC for assembling the teams, and to the
TCG gang for a real fun gathering today.  N4GN, sorry we
missed you.  Maybe on your next visit?

73 and thanks for the QSOs.

-Kirk  K4RO