[3830] Commonwealth VA3NR Open HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3nr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VA3NR Open HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 13:08:41 -0800
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VA3NR
Operator(s): VA3NR
Station: VA3NR

Class: Open HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
   80:   37
   40:   51
   20:   66
   15:   98
   10:   25
------------
Total:  277  Total Score = 4,045

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Had fun. Nice to be able to call CQ for a change without any frequency fights.
Snow/rain static was bad for a while; my apologies if I had trouble hearing at
times.  Thanks for all the QSO's.  Worked G0IVZ, G3AB, G4PIQ/p, GM3POI, J88DR,
VA3RAC, VE6JY, VE7CC, VO1AU, and ZF2NT on 5 bands. Lots more on 3 or 4 bands.

Originally planned a 12 hour effort but couldn't stick to my off-times - wanted
to keep tuning for DX.  (Writelog says 14 hours on-time.) Looks like 99
Band-Call Areas, including a couple new band-counters for me: 7Q7 on 10M, and
9H1 on 80M.

133 Bonus Q's.

Notes for next year: Improve LF/receiving antenna.  Good contest to practice
SO2R.

73, Chris VA3NR

(TS930/AL811/HF6V)