[3830] WPX SSB K7ZSD SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, walbrad@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K7ZSD SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 17:46:15 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: NW Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 19

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  495
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Decided to operate the contest a couple of hours after it started, 40m only,
thought I'd spend 3 or 4 hours playing around, work some DX, well, stayed up
until 3 am the first night, and 5:30 am the second, got into it and had fun!
Working Europe required many cups of green tea and honey, one goes hoarse
getting heard through the east coast wall. The new homebrew 3 el beam and prop
pitch with Orion controller worked great. I expected more JA activity, again,
alot of green tea and honey, maybe I'll try a voice recorder next time. Saturday
night the static crashes came up to S-9, and with strong Canadian stations in
the DX band, made listening down below difficult, added some Brandy to the
tea.

              %
SA     19    3.8
NA    252   50.9