[3830] WPX SSB N8II SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N8II SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:00:38 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    0
   80:   47
   40:    0
   20:  366
   15:  634
   10:  225
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I returned from pleasure trip to Texas Thurs PM; lot's to do Friday including
 planting a bunch of bedding plants left me not motivated for a full effort.
 I operated as I felt like it, but put in quite a few hours after Sat AM.
Condx
 were extremely poor at worst to weird at best. The only JA operning was very
 brief Sat at JA sunrise on 15M. Sat AM on 15M was Western Asia/Eastern Eu only
for  a very long stretch. It was quite a while before an Italian even crept into
the log and around 16Z before first weak German was logged. Sat afternoon, I had
a good run on 10 M primarily to Western USA with quite a few Carib/SA answers
thrown in; I have never had a better run to the South. Sunday morning was
absolutely the pits with at least S7 precip static roar from snow on all
 antennas except low South yagi. The snow detuned the yagis as well. Just as
 the noise abated, a huge disturbance hit, ruining any Q's with Eu on 15/10M.
 By 16Z things finally came around a bit, but the disturbance was evident
 thru the end of the test. This is a fun contest, always hope for new mults with
every caller. The rule change giving 1 point for USA Q's really helped make it
more interesting especially with the very poor polar condx.