[3830] OnQP VA3XRZ SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OnQP VA3XRZ SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:40:52 -0700
                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VA3XRZ
Operator(s): VA3XRZ
Station: VA3XRZ

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: WEL
Operating Time (hrs): 10.38

  160:    2      3      4
   80:    9     58     36
   40:   19     93     42
   20:    0      5      5
   15:    0      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
  222:    0      0      0
  432:    0      0      0
---------------------------
Total:   30    159     87  Total Score = 29,667

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

More than doubled last years score, a good payoff for fixing an open trap on the
40/80m dipole on Friday under the rain. Saturday morning I trimmed the ends a
bit but could not raise it as high as I wanted in time for the contest so it's
still at about 6 meters off the ground.

I should have spent more time on CW though, that would have helped.

Thanks VE3MGY for my first ever QSO on 160m... I was really just trying to load
the 40/80 dipole when I heard your CQing so I replied and I'm glad I did, when
you came back I jumped off the chair. After that I worked a few more but many
that I called could not hear me.

This is just my third OnQP but has anybody ever done a clean seep in this
contest? This year I worked 41 ON multipliers, same number as in 2002 but the
ones missed are now different: CHK, COC, HLB, RAI, REN, TBY and TIM; last year I
worked several COC and TIM. Whoever has the idea of starting at TIM and driving
south please do it.

The higher bands were not better than last year with only five QSOs on 20m and
nothing on 15 and 10.

TS-830S 90W
R5 and 40/80m trapped dipole
N1MM Logger V2.1.90 *** No packet ***