[3830] WPX SSB HU1M (M/S)

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB HU1M (M/S)
From: holger.hannemann@de.abb.com
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:09:15 +0200

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: HU1M
Operator(s): DL7IQ, YS1CF, DL7IO
Station: DXped/Portable style

Class: M/S HP
QTH: EK53
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   33     155       8
   20: 1286    2963     466
   15: 1155    2539     210
   10: 1163    2515     138
------------

FT890 + 400W into a 2 element (reflected W beam) at 10m or a HF9V on the
beach.

No chance to get attention in SSB on the low bands with this equipment. On
the high bands we could hear carribean stations running EU and no whisper
of the Europeans was heard on the pacific coastline. But for our small
stationand the Conds we did not bad. Thanks to the US-stations. On Sunday
afternoon we had a nice 10m opening to JA and could get a few missed
multipliers.
More details of our trip will be online soon under:
www.dl7io.de

I wonder to read comments about no voice keyer etc. There is contest and
logging freeware on the market that does it all. We used UCXLog that plays
your prepared *.wav files via the soundcard. And of course it handles all
categories from M/M, M/2 or SO2R, does your cluster work etc. Give it a
try!

regards Holger