[3830] FlQP W4SAA MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4saa@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] FlQP W4SAA MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:41:34 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W4SAA
Operator(s): W4SAA
Station: W4SAA

Class: MobileCW LP
QTH: 20 cntys
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   40:    84
   20:   935
   15:    89
   10:     0
--------------------
Total:  1108    0  CW Mults = 58  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 257,056

Club: SFDXA

Comments:

Sri so slo to post....got busy after the contest.
Set up was my OMNI6+ mounted in the big hole above the glove compartment above
the dash board of my now custom contest car..'90 FORD Tempo.  Thanks to the
vy loud ford fuel pump power had to come from 3 RV 12 Volt batteries in the back
seat.  Used two 'ham sticks' side mounted on the rear of the car as ant's.
Day one saw a 15m stick and a 40m stick.  Day two we mounted a 15m stick and a
20m stick. Switched bands and loaded op the 15m stick on twenty with an old mfj
tuner.  Logged with writelog runnung on an old IBM pentium laptop powered by a
tripe-lite inverted off a 3rd battery.  Had plenty of power, but not enough
voltage...the omni chirped on the low voltage.  Improved the signal by runing
the rig at about 50 watts output most of the weekend.
I did a single op cw entry.  I did QSY 6 or 8 times to pass out SSB contacts.
A check log will be sent in to confirm these contacts.
My driver was Dick, KG4YEK.  My friend for several years now who just got
his new no-code tech ticket.  He is in the processof studying for his general
class,  and thinks cw is neat.  But he does not copy any yet...
I would not have tried a cw contest from the car without a driver.  I would
just be to unsafe for me.
Thank you Dick!
I believe the catagory is SO + Driver.

What ever the catagory....it was great fun.
Crossing county line was exciting.
My first mobile FQP will not be my last.
Thanks for the QSO's

73   Joe  W4SAA

ps  made a typo in my cw file for ORANGE county.  part of the time I sent ORG
as the county abv.  Sent the correct ORA abv the rest of the time.  Will note
this mistake of mine to the FQP log checkers.  Some 'dupe' qsos were made in
ORANG,..  All orange (A&R) QSOs are in the log.   sri.....73  Joe