[3830] OrQP W3DCG LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OrQP W3DCG LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 15:56:20 -0700
                    Oregon QSO Party

Call: W3DCG
Operator(s): W3DCG
Station: W3DCG

Class: (none) LP
QTH: Atlanta, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   8
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:   8      0  Mults = 9  Total Score = 144

Club:

Comments:

8 Qs and 9 multipliers?

Well, WA7HP signed portable 7 and I'm guessing was camped out on the
Hoodriver/Clackamus or Clatsop line.  I lived in Curry (KA7BYL/N7DWH) a
life-time ago, so...don't recall if Hoodriver borders Clackamus or Clatsop.
Curry is a ways away from the Portland metro area.

I told myself all week prior:
It's Mother's day week-end-you will not do ANY "contesting" this week-end, you
will focus on your wife like a good boy, I'd have with Mom, too, but she's in
Montana.

However, these eight stations were booming into GA on 20m, so I gave it a whirl
just for grins and to make sure the antenna was still working okay to the
magical and wonderful Pacific Northwest.  By the time KG4PYN noticed, I was
merely testing the equipment- I hoped to appear that way anyhow, sheepishly
avoiding her smiling gaze.

It was short but fun for me, and I was surprised at all those stations on CW.

*** Thank you Oregon, for simply being there ***

Equipment here, ts850 100W OCF 40m dipole up 33' Kent twin-lever paddle, Idiom
outboard keyer.  Same as used for the NEQP, but the wire runs East-West.

LOGWARE: Nearest available scratch-paper, one napkin, and the first available
pen.  (Same advanced soft/hardware combination used last weekend).

Cheerio.

(i'm getting a computer at the operating station soon...soon as I find that
little round TUIT).