[3830] Volta RTTY ZL2BR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Volta RTTY ZL2BR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 03:01:40 -0700
                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: ZL2BR
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZL2BR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    1    22     1
   40:   15   669    12
   20:  114  5205    47
   15:   33  1204    19
   10:    4   214     3
-------------------------
Total:  167  7314    81  Total Score = 98,936,478

Club:

Comments:

As a lot of folk have already commented, conditions were rough, but that's life,
we just have to make the best of it. The zone point scoring system for this
contest, is kinda like sweet revenge for those of us living in the more remoter
parts of the world, so I decided that unlike past years I would stick to my gun
(although it's  only a small one), for the whole 24 hours no matter conditions
were like.

Gear:
TS-850S
3-el tribander at 35ft
40m GP at 50ft
80m inverted vee at 55ft.

Lowlights, no North America on 40m, and only 3 on 10m, (more  double point
contacts would have been great. Expected early  morning, around 2000UTC long
path opening on 20m to North  America did not happen. Did not seem to be much JA
activity.

Highlights, my first RTTY contest 5-bander - with Mike KH6ND, (he seemed to have
all guns blazing non-stop for 24 hours). Really  good solid openings on 20m but
of short durations to Southern Europe and North America.

Will be out of town for the Anatolian RTTY contest, but it's looking very much
like it will be a case of same again for the ANARTS RTTY in a months time.

73, Frank ZL2BR