[3830] WPX CW WO4O SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WO4O SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 12:32:22 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WO4O
Operator(s): WO4O
Station: WO4O

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
  160:    0
   80:   14
   40:  112
   20:  660
   15:  491
   10:   98
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

The "work anyone, anywhere" games are probably my favorites.  That's why I enjoy
CQ WW WPX, ARRL Ten-Meters and IARU (even w/o the LP category - ughhh) games so
much.  If you can hear them and they can hear you, you can make a QSO.  (Well,
unless somebody tells you "QSO B4" when they're NIL and they refuse to work you
because they've logged a QSO that didn't happen.)

Before this game I had all of me convinced this would be a full time effort.  As
the game progressed, however, part of me convinced 'all of me' to stay in the
chair for less than 36 hours.  While I had a goal of 2 million points for a full
time effort, this came "close but no cigar".  My body needed (and took) more
than the 12 hours off time.

In addition to my temporary, partial physical disability, the station remains
temporarily and partially disabled.  Without a rotatable, high 40-meter antenna,
very few DX made it into the log.  (The fixed, low 40-meter dipole was FB for
domestic, 1 pointers and more mults.)  The Dual Feedline Remote Antenna Switch
failed to split both my TH7s between radios and this limited SO2R activity.

Overall, the station improvements (proved by performance) that they have been
worth it.  Thanks to everyone having voluntarily and sacrificially contributed
their resources to improve Wo4o.  (Special thanks go to Tennessee Contest Group
members K4AMC, K0EJ, K4RO and WD4K.)

Meanwhile, thanks for the Qs! 73 Ric Wo4o - http://www.qrz.com/callsign/Wo4o