[3830] WPX CW VC1R(AE6Y) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrew.faber@gte.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VC1R(AE6Y) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:15:40 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VC1R
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: VE1JF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Nova Scotia
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   81
   40:  745
   20: 1273
   15:  656
   10:   78
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a great opportunity to operate from VE1JF's suberb station on the north
shore of Nova Scotia overlooking the Bay of Fundy.  Conditions proved to be
somewhat better than I had expected. 40 meters was really the money band, with
by far the highest points per hour rates, but I could only take 9 hours in total
on that band before the noise and QRM would drive me to the less productive but
far easier-on-the-ears 20 meters.
   The station played superbly and I nearly always felt loud.  The only
disappointment was a paucity of JAs (only 24 in the whole contest), in part
caused by some noise problems on the top antenna during a JA opening on 20
Sunday morning.
   Thanks to Jim, VE1JF, and Hannelore for allowing me to rummage around their
lovely house and FB station in NS while they were off on a family vacation (what
a trusting family!).  Jim has put together an outstanding station that it was a
privilege to operate.

   Rigs: FT1000MP, Alpha 87A, FT1000MP Mark V, Alpha 87A,
   Antennas: C51 at 112 feet, C31 at 75 or so feet temporarily fixed south, C51
at 37 feet temporarily fixed west; 80m sloper
   Software: CQPWIN ver. 9.30

  73 and thanks for the contacts,
   Andy, AE6Y