[3830] WPX CW WX5S(@W6YX) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WX5S(@W6YX) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 01:04:03 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WX5S
Operator(s): AA6XV,AD6FX,AE6EJ,AE6KU,K6UFO,N6UK,N7MH,W6KNS,W7SW,WX5S
Station: W6YX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    0
   80:  135
   40:  542
   20: 1105
   15:  700
   10:  102
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

As with the phone contest, thanks to Mark, K6UFO, for organizing our effort.  I
think we had both operating positions filled for the entire 48 hours in spite of
the fact that one of our usual stalwarts, John, W6LD, was in Aruba as P40L.  We
had a wide range of contesting and operating experience represented in our
operators, from rookies who don't yet feel comfortable with the fast CW speeds
to more seasoned operators.

Congratulations to our M/2 competition in California, NG6O and KX7M.  Looking at
all 3 station's band breakdowns I can see that we must have spent too much time
on 10 meters, resulting in an extra 15 or so QSOs there, but sacrificing a total
of 400 to 700 Qs on the other bands compared to our competitors.  Or... maybe
it's all that stacked aluminum at K6KM and the great operators at both
stations.

Speaking of 1