[3830] ARRL June VHF NS3T Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ns3t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF NS3T Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:19:47 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  72     26  Total Score = 1,872

Club:

Comments:

Missed the first two hours of good propagation on Saturday and what
followed was a frustrating weekend of contesting.  While I heard others
discussing DX and such, it never moved my meter in FM19.

Lots of good contacts and some new grids, so that was good,
but the openings were tough to find after about hour number five.
I heard no out of town beacons after 2300Z on Saturday.
I heard some stations on scatter, but only got the
attention of K9NS on Sunday afternoon.

My 72 contacts were split evenly between CW and SSB...but
my mults (in terms of long distance QSO's) were very much
skewed toward CW.   When 6 was open, there was a good
amount of CW activity in the 50.080 to 50.100 area - but
when the band died (and it did from my QTH) it was very quiet
on Sunday.

This is something I don't understand about VHF contests -
it just seems that more people would make more contacts
by using CW.  Maybe I'm just a dreamer.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts and the 14 new grids.

Jamie NS3T