[3830] ARRL June VHF NT5TU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF NT5TU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:13:35 -0700

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  308   133  Total Score = 40,299

Club:

Comments:

Equipment: IC-706II 100w into 4el Quad @40'

Operated on and off for about 5 hours on Saturday.  Initially just wanted to
start collecting grids and knock out the easy ones in one punch.

Finished antenna by about 2100z in 100*F weather, hooked up the rig, put it on a
dresser near the window, and grabbed a couple of pieces of paper.  Band was
open, I S&P'ed for a while, then went to shower and dinner.  When I came back, a
couple of hours later, it was really buzzing, so I sent a couple of CQs around
50225.  Those were my last CQs for the next hour, because I had at least 3 to
who-knows-how-many stations calling me in a solid pile-up from then on.  Keeping
time with a wrist watch was a pain; hand-mic in one hand, pen in the other,
still I quickly ran out of paper -- I scrambled for bills, receipts, anything
with white space on it.  My best 60 minutes yielded me about 144 Qs.  I can only
apologize to the guys on the bottom of the pile-up whom I never worked -- I
would have been more efficient with a computer log, but "who woulda-thunk" it
was going to be such a zoo?!

My YL wasn't bying another one of the "...but this is a BIG Contest, honey..."
(I really need a new line, guys!), so I had to QRT early on Saturday for our
date.

Still I never worked em10, em11, and bunch of other easy ones, so I hope to pick
up a few more 'new' grids in another contest.