[3830] RAC Day VE3RCN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE3RCN SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:21:22 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE3RCN
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: VE3RCN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Kingston Ont
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:    3      1       2         1
   80:   19     23       4         6
   40:   32     45       8         9
   20:   26     41       7        10
   15:    3      2
   10:
    6:    1
    2:
Total:   84    112      21        26  Total Score = 80,840

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

All done with wire antennas...the highest being 28 feet up, and the 160 loop
ranging in height from 20 feet to 9 feet off the ground. I was switching between
the dipoles and the 160m loop to hear because of the static and hydro line
hash...until I forgot to switch back to the dipoles. I found that the loop tuned
up well on all bands, working westcoast to europe. First Canada Day entry since
my last operation from VE7RCN. Time to put up some serious skyhooks when the
Navy stops moving me around the country. 73, Kevin