[3830] IARU K8IA SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K8IA SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 09:12:45 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:
   80:
   40:  314            37
   20:  375            58
   15:  146            26
   10:   18             3
---------------------------
Total:  853     0     124  Total Score = 330,460

Club: Central Arizona DX Assn

Comments:

IC-765, 100 watts
3 el SteppIR at 24m
M2 40M3L at 21m

Outside of a solid over the pole opening on 20m early UTC Sunday, to Eu/western
Asia, conditions were rather pitiful. Its just a reminder of things to come as
15 and 10 were also as predicted....UGH!

As sunspots ebb, I think a lot of us normally LP entrants will start dusting off
the amps and (in my case) developing more efficient bandswitching procedures.
Operating is just soooo much easier when cndx are favorable and an amp isnt a
necessity. This contest was right on the edge of me needing the amp or not.

I did have a good time, my first real IARU participation, and really enjoyed
hearing the great turnout of HQ stations.

73, Bob K8IA
In the shadow of the Superstition Mtns
Arizona, USA