[3830] IARU N6NT SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N6NT SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:07:16 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N6NT
Operator(s): N6NT
Station: N6NT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 9?

  160:
   80:   30             7
   40:  144            21
   20:  402            47
   15:  109            14
   10:   12             4
---------------------------
Total:  697     0      93  Total Score = 183,024

Club:

Comments:

Like a lot of people, I was in this one strictly for fun and with no intention
of doing anything serious.  It was good hearing familiar calls again and
stopping to chat with friends who were willing to take the time.  Also, it was
interesting to snoop around some and just observe.

One thing I did observe was a bit unsettling, though it seems to have bothered
me more than it did the victim.  About 2300Z Saturday I found some guy on about
14041 going out of his way to cause interference to PY0FF, who was then running
a tidy little pile-up.  This guy was using the call K5MA, though all I had to do
was listen for a couple of minutes to realize it wasn't Jan.  I checked with Jan
this morning, and of course he knew nothing about it.  I suppose we will always
have people like this pirate with us, though I really don't understand what
makes them tick.  You would think they could find something more fun to do
during a contest than to go around trying to cause other people trouble.