[3830] IARU KT0R(@W0AIH) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt0r@msn.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KT0R(@W0AIH) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:39:24 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KT0R
Operator(s): KT0R
Station: W0AIH

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: wi
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:    0     0       0
   80:   39     0       8
   40:  123     0      19
   20:  331     0      42
   15:   79     0      26
   10:    0     0       0
---------------------------
Total:  572     0      95  Total Score = 166,630

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Well ended up going to W0AIH for the contest.

Was kind of a last minute idea. I gave Paul a call Thursday night.
He was more than willing to have me come out and see the farm and
operate some.

Well, I didn't arrive until noon on Saturday. Bummer lost the whole
morning. I had to think of setup with the least amount of setup time.
And still utilize the best antennas.

I thought I would make this a rhombic antenna contest for the most
part. Paul now has 3 4 wavelength rhombics cut for 20 meters. One on
Europe,Japan,and Africa&Pacific. And the broad bandness they worked
on 10-80 meters.

I sat at the 15 meter operating position. Best place to get most of
the antennas too. So I also could utilize all the 15 meter antennas
and easy to plug in the 40 meter yagis as well.

So did finally get on at around 18:00 utc. And off to the races. 15
was still productive. Most of Europe was gone. Went to 20 and worked
some Europe and mostly stateside. Had some minor problems getting TR
to talk to the IC765. I must say the Icom 765 is still a great radio.
Also Paul's 87A was giving him problems, so I was using one of the
91b's. Nice amp! But other than that no big problems

And special Thanks to Paul W0AIH for the use of the station.

Vry 73 Dave KT0R