[3830] NAQP RTTY AA5AU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY AA5AU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:13:28 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:   69    34
   40:  148    42
   20:  169    52
   15:  111    40
   10:   35    17
-------------------
Total:  532   185  Total Score = 98,420

Club:

Team: TCG ZIPs

Comments:

Seeing how bad the high bands were, I set an early goal of 400 QSO's.  When I
saw I was going to make 500, I tried to tip the 100k point total but just
couldn't get enough rate going on 40/80 through the noise.  Thunderstorms forced
me to shut down for an hour and it was right at dinner time, so that wasn't too
bad.

Highlights were working KH6GMP and AL1G on 20 late.  Then KH6VV calling me on 40
meters.  CM2IZ was a nice multiplier on 15.  Working teammates K4GMH and K4RO on
all 5 bands plus fellow ZIP members VE1OP and AK0A on 4 bands.

Lowlight was 10 meters.  Pretty bad.

Thanks for all the QSO's.  The contest turned out much better than I had
anticipated.

73, Don AA5AU