[3830] ARRL FD W2GD 3A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W2GD@HOTMAIL.COM
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W2GD 3A LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:47:44 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  2185   2716   4901  Total Score = 15,672

Club:

Comments:

GAlso included in totals above:  GOTA (W2CRA) - 435 PH qsos  SAT - 8 PH  qsos
SOLAR - 12 PH qsos  and 1,500 FD Bonus Points.

Location:  Hunterdon County Library, Route 12, Flemington, NJ

Antennas:

80M - Inverted V at 50'  75M - another Inverted V at 50'
40M - 2 ele. Cushcraft yagi at 50', Dipole at 40'
20M - 4 ele Hygain at 50', 3 ele Hygain at 50'
15M - 4 ele Cushcraft at 55'
10M - 4 ele Cushcraft at 50'
6M  - 8 ele at 45'
2M  - 19 ele at 60'
GOTA - A4 tribander at 45', 80/40 doublet at 40'
Sat  - all the right stuff

5 Towers - all Rohn 25G with Ham III/IV rotators
5 kw  Korean War Vintage Onan Generator, trailer mounted.

Special appreciation goes to members of the Frankford Radio Club who provided
operating, setup and takedown assistance.

Condx were terrible on the high bands.  First year that anyone can remember not
making a single contact on 10M....and we did listen many times.  With the high
bands broken, activity on 80 was very good.  Several continuous hours on 75M
Saturday evening at 120+.  40M also effected by the solar disturbance, but
having a beam helped.  Added computer network for the first time this year
between the 3 HF positions, to facilitate band sharing - used CT.  GOTA station
hosted over a dozen non-hams, and was a haven for our less active club members
and invited guests - maybe more of them will get a ticket or upgrade after the
experience.  Visited by the County OEM Director, NNJ SM, and several regional
and local newspaper reporters.  PR was great, as was the home cooked food.  We
were blessed with a rain free weekend.  Hope everyone had as much fun as we
did.

73, John W2GD