[3830] ARRL FD K2ZR 1A QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K2ZR 1A QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:09:40 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  574     61      0  Total Score = 6,920

Club:

Comments:

Class 1A - Battery QRP. Equipment: K2, FT-817, big horizontal loop @ 30' average
height, 3/2 wave dipole on 40m @ about 60', 6m dipole @ 60' and verticals for 2m
and 440.

Another great FD from the Buffalo Lighthouse on the US Coast Guard Base.  We had
great support from the USCG.  And thanks to K2QO's XYL for the great chile!  But
where was 15M?  There were loads of highlights including N2CU's first ever QSO
on 6M. It was a dandy as CO0US called us. We tried a new technique of calling on
VHF while the HF station was searching for QSO's.  This is harder that it
appears since a 1A station can only have ONE transmitted signal at at a given
time.  Some stations were left hanging as we completed a QSO above or below
50MHz.  We'll have this fine tuned for next year! Near the end of the exercise,
a rainstorm with thunder and lightning blew in.  N2CU and K2QO had to sprint to
their cars when sparks began flying off the coax! This kept us off the air for a
1/2 hour and caused us to miss our 600 QSO goal on HF.